fax: 732 445 0006
1967-70 University of Chicago, Ph.D. (Geography) (1973)
1965-67 University of Cincinnati, M.A. (Geography)
M.C.P. (Community Planning)
1961-65 Queens University, Belfast, B.Sc. (Hons) (Geography)
Monalisa Chatterjee; Robert Donovan; Mariana Mossler; James Jeffers
- Mitchell, James K. 2009. “How must society adapt to rapid climate”
Commentvisions: Debating the challenges of the future.
- "Makers of modern geography: Gilbert F. White (1911-2006); includes Mitchell, James K. 2008. “Perspectives on alternatives: Differentiation and integration in pursuit of a better fit between society and nature,” Mini-forum on the contributions of Gilbert F. White, Progress in Human Geography 32(3): 451-458.
- Report on Delaware River Flood Mitigation
- Mitchell, James K. 2003. ³European river floods in a changing world,² Risk Analysis Vol. 23, No. 3: 567-574.
- Mitchell, James K. 2006. ³A century of natural disasters in a state of changing vulnerability,² New Jersey¹s Environments: Past, Present, and Future. Neil Maher, Ed. New Brunswick: Rutgers University Press: 164-198.
- Mitchell, James K. 2006. ³The primacy of partnership: Scoping a new national disaster recovery policy,² in ³Winds of Change: Repairing the national emergency management system after Katrina.² Annals of the American Academy of Political and Social Science, Vol. 604(1): 228-255.
- Empowering knowledge: A modest proposal for a broader social science research agenda in the wake of Katrina
- "The fox and the hedgehog: Myopia about homeland security in U.S. policies on terrorism"
- Crucibles of Hazard: Megacities and disasters in transition. James K. Mitchell, ed., Tokyo: United Nations University Press. 1999. 535 pp.
- The Long Road to Recovery: Community Responses to Industrial Disaster. James K. Mitchell, ed., Tokyo: United Nations University Press. 1996. 307 pp.
Natural Hazards and Disasters 01:450:311
Seminar in Natural Hazards 16:450:612