Dr. Barone is a jointly-appointed Associate Research Professor within the Rutgers University Department of Marine and Coastal Sciences (DMCS), Center for Advanced Infrastructure and Transportation (CAIT), and Department of Geography. He holds Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Marine Science and Instructional Technology from Stockton University and a PhD in Physical Geography from Rutgers University. Dr. Barone has over 15 years of experience addressing coastal resilience issues related to beach-dune storm vulnerability, maritime transportation, coastal floodplain mapping, and beneficial use of dredged material. He utilizes spatial data analysis, remote sensing, and coastal modeling techniques to solve complex coastal problems and present solutions to various audiences. Dr. Barone is also a Certified Floodplain Manager (CFM) and Geographic Information Systems Professional (GISP).
- Daniel Barone
- Associate Research Professor
- Office: Marine and Coastal Sciences Building
- Research Interests: coastal zone management including coastal storm vulnerability assessments, floodplain studies, sediment transport studies, beneficial use of dredged material assessments, and shore protection evaluations
- Curriculum Vitae
- Degrees: (Ph.D., Rutgers University)
- Core Faculty, Graduate Faculty